Re: en_GB translation of "trash"

Am Sat, 22 May 2010 14:44:06 +0200
schrieb Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>:

> Am Freitag, den 21.05.2010, 20:22 +0100 schrieb Bruce Cowan:
> > including GNOME, KDE, XFCE and so on.
>
> So what do other projects use (also Windows, MacOs etc)?
>
> andre

windows uses trash, in german Müll (Windows/GNOME) or Mülleimer is common.
That would be trash (Müll) and trashbin/wastebin (Mülleimer).
So I think when wastebin is beeing used, it's ok.

trash/wastebin are the most used terms, "deleted files", which is now used by Ubuntu
normally means the *list* of files which are deleted, while trash means the *place*
where they reside before real deletion/shreddering.

So I would even say, that the Ubuntu guys did it wrong.

Chris