Fwd: Complaint of the Slovak coordinator

Forwarding here as I have originally sent this only to Mattias

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laco Gubík <lacogubik googlemail com>
Date: 17 May 2010 21:18
Subject: Re: Complaint of the Slovak coordinator
To: Mattias Põldaru <mahfiaz gmail com>

On 17 May 2010 01:04, Mattias Põldaru <mahfiaz gmail com> wrote:
> Ühel kenal päeval, P, 2010-05-16 kell 21:55, kirjutas helix84:
>> Dear gnome-i18n members,
>>
>> I'm a member of the Slovak team. All the problems I can currently
>> think of have already been summed up in this thread so I won't repeat
>> it here. We may discuss them one by one, but as I see it, all of them
>> boil down to one thing:
>> current coordinator stated the rules and all team members have to
>> either abide or leave.
>>
>> As practice has shown, there is very little a discussion with him can
>> achieve - it always introduced only minor changes where, as I believe,
>> team members disagree with him fundamentally. Therefore I agree with
>> replacing the coordinator, because I do not identify with his way of
>> leading the team. There's no need for hard feelings because of that,
>> we simply elected someone else for  this position. I wish he would
>> understand and step down respectfully.
>>
>> Regards,
>> ~~helix84
>>

> This is rather not my business, but here come my 50 cents.
>
> To me Marcel's explanation sounds reasonable, as well as his concerns
> about the quality.
> On the other hand Peter is young and he is in rush to get the good work
> done as fast as possible.
Hi Mattias,

Just to clarify, Marcel's explanations are not always correct and are
also misleading. I will reply to his email later on with more details.
Peter is not young and rushed, he is in early thirties and translated
thousands of strings and did lot of good work. Same for some other
members of the team which support Peter, some of us are older and also
worked in different teams or on different localisation project prior
joining team. So it is not like we are all kids with no knowledge
trying to rule the world :).

Kind regards

Laco