Re: Solang: redundant strings in Tags menu?

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 2:05 AM, Debarshi Ray <debarshi ray gmail com> wrote:

> Our tags menu was borrowed from F-Spot. However, the strings have
> always looked a bit redundant to me because they repeat the word "tag"
> or "tags". Since I am making a change to Solang to add the "Show All
> Tags" [1] menuitem, I thought it would be nice to have your opinion on
> the other things as well.

Tag being an element of meta-data/context that you add to the
images/collection, the menu represents the activities that can be
undertaken around it. Hence, even though they do repeat the "tag" word
a number of times, I'd say that trying to find alternatives might make
it less useful.

By the way, the "Show All Tags" bit - can it not be pushed into
preferences as a setting ?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>