Re: Request for freeze-break

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> > We have a new account wizard, slightly with newer text, scrollable for
>> > x600 px resolution. It will be disabled for non-netbook environment.
>> > So, docs not affected.
>
> I personal think this is really important (from the user perspective).
> Some questions arise though:
>
> * Why is not enabled by default? Has it restrictions compared to the
> usual account manager

Nah, just that a huge change at the late moment in evo, may cause some
uncertainity. But this all code was with anjal for months I remember.
Just trying to be safer IMO.

> * Screenshots? (The only thing I heard about it yet was a small blog
> comment of Micheal)

Hmm, the UI would look almost similar, except that the design is a bit
different. It auto configs (aka) auto detects user account cfg based
on a webservice from mozilla ispdb.

http://people.gnome.org/~sragavan/identity.png
http://people.gnome.org/~sragavan/end.png

These  will be the biggest varying dialog. Rest all dialogs are  the
same except that they have been contained in a scroll to fix a
vertical space of 500px.

> * Could you be a bit more specific with the number of strings?
> intltool-update should help to get statistics. This has a potential huge
> impact on translations as there isn't much time left and not all teams
> have lots of manpower. For such a central component as Evolution we
> would really want complete and high-quality translations.

My calc says 18 new strings.