Re: Module reorganisation

Hi!

Mario Blättermann <mariobl gnome org>, Mon, 01 Mar 2010 10:00:08 +0100:

(...)

> And as you mention the office module group, in my mind the modules
> "glabels" and "glom" should be part of it. I recognize them as office
> software, because their documentations are in the "office" section at
> library.gnome.org. And perhaps "passepartout". As a DTP application, it
> could be associated to office stuff, too. In fact, the "GNOME Office"
> doesn't exist really yet. It is not comparable with OpenOffice or
> Koffice. Well, Gnumeric and Dia are real killer apps, but I couldn't see
> a real collaboration between them. However, the office module set should
> be taken as a loose collection of office apps from our Git repo.

For what it's worth, GNOME Office has even its own Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNOME_Office

And it states some interesting information like e.g. Glom and Evolution are
considered to be part of the suite. However, I guess that a more official
module list is on:

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeOffice

As far as I know, a package called gnome-office is released periodically on
ftp.gnome.org. I don't know details though. Anybody here has a deeper
knowledge on the subject?

Too bad some of the suite modules aren't hosted on git.gnome.org (AbiWord),
so we can't translate them conveniently and have a consistent office suite
l10n.

Cheers,
Petr Kovar