Re: Module reorganisation

Am Montag, den 01.03.2010, 09:11 +0100 schrieb Matej Urbančič:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to propose a small reorganisation of module groups. I'd like
> to see all gimp modules grouped in it's own "release", like gnome
> office is and not under gnome-extra. First reason is, that it is one
> big project and second one is easier overview.
>
> What do you think? Is it doable without much hassle?

I agree with you. In German, Gimp is translated by a separate team, the
normal GTP team members don't have to think about Gimp translations at
all. That's why it should have its own module set.

And as you mention the office module group, in my mind the modules
"glabels" and "glom" should be part of it. I recognize them as office
software, because their documentations are in the "office" section at
library.gnome.org. And perhaps "passepartout". As a DTP application, it
could be associated to office stuff, too. In fact, the "GNOME Office"
doesn't exist really yet. It is not comparable with OpenOffice or
Koffice. Well, Gnumeric and Dia are real killer apps, but I couldn't see
a real collaboration between them. However, the office module set should
be taken as a loose collection of office apps from our Git repo.

Cheers,
Mario