Re: New (actually a duplicate) string in Tomboy

Le lundi 25 janvier 2010 à 02:33 -0800, Sandy Armstrong a écrit :
> Hey folks,
>
> Today I pushed a patch adding support for Windows 7 Jumplists in
> Tomboy, which added a new string in a new file called
> Tomboy/JumpListManager.cs:
>
> +					note_title += Catalog.GetString (" (new)");
>
> This string is already translated elsewhere in Tomboy, and in fact
> translations still aren't shipped on Windows, so this should be pretty
> low-impact. ;-)

Hi Sandy,

Note that string concatenation done this way is seldom a good idea. This
might produce wrong results, especially with RTL languages.
Use instead something like:
// Translators: {0} is a note title
note_title = String.Format (Catalog.GetString ("{0} (new)"), note_title);

Cheers,

Claude