Download vs Downloads in xdg-user-dirs

Hallo everybody

I see that xdg-user-dirs have both "Download" and "Downloads" to
translate. I would have liked to translate them both the same, but I am
wondering if any system might actually need both at the same time, in
which case I guess they would have to be translated uniquely.

While looking for answers, I saw the Dutch file has a comment where some
translator seemed to have struggled with the same question.

As far as I know, which names from xdg-user-dirs your system uses is
specified in  /etc/xdg/user-dirs.defaults. Does anyone have a system
where both "Download" and "Downloads" are used?  What is the difference
between a directory called "Download" and a directory called
"Downloads"?

Thank you for any insight.

Friedel

--