Re: Inserting images into Release Notes

Le lundi 21 septembre 2009 à 17:17 -0300, Rodrigo Flores a écrit :
> Hi
>

> I translated the Release Notes in pt_BR but I don't know if  I
> inserted correctly images in it. I renamed all the files for the same
> name as in the C/figures and the "compilation" process using xml2po
> went ok and I was able to see all images. Some of the images I could
> not get a translated version of them, so I used the image file in
> C/figures. I uploaded the same pictures and the DL give me a
> warning :-/.
>

> What I have to do in this case ? Not including the file solves the
> problem ?
> I have to update the md5 strings [1] in the po file ?

Hi Rodrigo,

When you don't want/have to translate an image, don't copy it to your
figures directory. Build systems are clever enough to pick the figure
from the C directory when it is not available ni your locale figure dir.
Otherwise, that means space is wasted with duplicated content.

In the po file, you could either:
1. Let the msgstr empty, telling that the figure need translation but
you don't have any translated figure yet.
2. Put anything you want (even a simple space) in the msgstr, telling
that the figure does not need translation.

In both cases, the original C figure will be used, but the meaning for
you as a translator is different.

Hope it helps.

Claude