Re: Edit Module homepage in "damned lies"

Le vendredi 06 novembre 2009 à 20:25 +0100, Ulrik Sverdrup a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> 1. I maintain Kupfer_. How can I write some maintainer notes at the
>    module's localization homepage?

Hi Ulrik,

You can't write yourself directly. Just send us the text you want and
we'll add it.

>    I would like to mention some thoughts on localiaztion that I have as
>    maintainer (and author of 95% of all strings). As well as mentioning
>    the small help text from the manual_
>
> .. _Kupfer: http://l10n.gnome.org/module/kupfer/
> .. _manual: http://kaizer.se/wiki/kupfer/Manual/#localization

At first glimpse, there is nothing in these notes that is not familiar
to GNOME translators. We only add a note if something is different from
all other GNOME modules.

> 2. Kupfer has received tons of help with localization from volunteers
>    that do not normally contribute to Gnome. Is it feasible to invite
>    them for gnome translator accounts and how can I do that?

Yes, of course. Encourage them to create an account on l10n.gnome.org
and to contact their respective coordinator (see Teams).

>    If that is not possible -- it might be that I can close some
>    languages for Gnome translators (the orignal translators must decide
>    what they think, if they need help or not).

No, that is not an alternative. If the module appears on l10n.gnome.org,
it is managed entirely by GNOME teams. But do not fear, the GNOME
Translation Project is the better in the world \o/

> Thank you for any input on these questions,
> Ulrik

Thank you for contributing to GNOME and Free Software!

Claude
--
www.2xlibre.net