Re: problem with git

El sáb, 02-05-2009 a las 15:57 +0530, Tirumurti Vasudevan escribió:
> well my translation team lead delivered a girl baby and so i decided
> to take up the commits of translated po files on my own
> i need someone to hold my hand till i get the hang of this.
> i have an account alright.
>
> this morning i tried to work with git.
> went through the How to use Git for GNOME translators page
> i browsed through the http://git.gnome.org/ repositories and decided on totum.
>
> i verified my account exists configured git and cloned totum (oh boy 13.8 Mb!)
>
> here i have a problem.
> i saw the damned lies page that GNOME 2.28 (development)  is the one
> to work with.
> actually i have downloaded all the po files as of now.
> i have updated the totum file.
>
> i see no branch GNOME 2.28 in the git repos.
> i have opened the totum folder and found the ta.po is upto date and
> that belongs to 2.26
GNOME 2.26 means the stable branch, however not all the modules have
been branched for GNOME 2.26.

Right now there is no GNOME 2.28 branch for modules, this means GNOME
2.28 is the development branch and is called master at GNOME's GIT.
There is where you have to commit your changes.

--
Jorge González González <aloriel gmail com>
Weblog: http://aloriel.no-ip.org