Re: Moving GLib and GTK+ to git

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
> On 03/31/2009 03:50 PM, David Zeuthen wrote:
>>
>> Personally I prefer non-capital and no periods; it makes the output of
>> 'git log |git shortlog' nicer to look at (see [1] for an example) but
>> maybe that's just me. I think capital letters would work nice here too;
>> trailing periods would probably look weird though.
>
> While I prefer to capitalize sentence starters, NOT capitalizing makes it
> easier to start a commit summary with an API symbol name or other
> identifiers that should not be capitalized.

I don't have any strong preferences. How about the following amended version:

  First line (the brief description) must only be one sentence and
  should start with a capital letter unless it starts with a lowercase symbol
  or identifier. Don't use a trailing period either. Don't exceed 72 characters.

Matthias