Re: Moving GLib and GTK+ to git

Le mardi 31 mars 2009 à 15:05 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> 2009/3/31 Kristian Høgsberg <krh redhat com>:
>

> > The glib and gtk+ repositories are up now and they are live:
> >
> >  http://git.gnome.org/cgit/glib
> >  http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gtk+
> >

> [...]
>
> > Other than that I'd say we're ready to go, but I'll leave it to Matthias to
> > make the call.
>

> Thanks so much, Kristian!  So yes, I think we are ready to go.

I've updated l10n.gnome.org for both modules:
http://l10n.gnome.org/module/glib
http://l10n.gnome.org/module/gtk+

Do you know if the hook that send a mail to gnomeweb at gnome dot org at
each commit has been ported to git?

> I am by no means a git master (that would be Kristian), so take what I
> am saying below with a grain of salt and correct me where necessary...
>
> Some things that we need to sort out include
>
> ChangeLog: The git way of doing things is to do small commits, with
> meaningful commit messages, and forego a separate ChangeLog file.
> Everybody who I talked to about this recommended going this way, so
> I'd say we should follow this. I'll add a final note to the current
> ChangeLog indicating this.

Regarding the ChangeLog policy, it's important for translators to have a
unified method throughout the GNOME modules. As it seems the majority of
modules won't keep a manual ChangeLog with git (like you're proposing
with glib and gtk+), I suggest to all translators to follow the
indication on the Walkthrough for translators compiled by Simos, that is
to use only the commit message.
http://live.gnome.org/GitMigration/Translators

Cheers,

Claude