Re: Status of release notes

Hello Kenneth,

> I just wanted to ask how things are progressing with the release notes. I

We are still missing a few screenshots, a section about RandR
improvements by Federico, the part about GNOME Mobile; Davyd
will be able to give a more precise status.

> know how it sometimes goes with these things, but it would be really great
> if you guys could get something close to done before the weekend. Anyway,
> let us know the nanosecond they are ready.

Be sure we are well aware this comes very late, and this is not ideal
for translators :/

> On another note, could we have the gnome-2-26 branch of the release notes
> added to damned lies, or are you waiting for when they are ready to add it?

The thing is is quite bothersome to look for small changes in long
strings, and as we still need a grammatical pass over the release
notes, things like new commas will certainly happen and be a pain
for translators.

In the end, knowing this, I have no objections to the addition of the
branch to damned-lies, I just want to be sure translators know well
the fact there will be changes, and fuzzy strings to fix.

<Talking about this with Claude on IRC />

He just added the branch; you may want to msgmerge from 2.24 as there
is probably strings that didn't change.

> PS: When everything is ready, could you then also include the information
> about the link and the password to the page where we can preview the
> translations, so that new translators (or lazy old ones ;) have that
> information handy.

I am still trying to get in touch with the sysadmins...[1]  I'll keep you
informed.

        Frederic

[1] http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.26/ already exists
    but is not password protected at the moment.