Re: en_GB translation of seahorse-plugins

2009-03-08 klockan 18:07 skrev Philip Withnall:
> There's a problem with the en_GB translation of seahorse-plugins'
> manual[1]. I committed a 100% translation a week or so ago, but
> damned-lies hasn't updated, and continues to complain about the
> translation not being UTF-8 encoded. As far as I can see, the .po file
> *is* UTF-8 encoded, so what's the problem?
>
> [1]: http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/seahorse-plugins/HEAD/help/en_GB

That file is valid UTF-8, but it's also valid ASCII, since English (usually)
doesn't use diacritical markers, so perhaps that's the reason of that
warning message. (Note that by design, valid ASCII is also valid UTF-8.) I
would say this is a bug in damned-lies, but I'll leave that to others to
decide. In any case, it doesn't seem a problem with the translation file
itself.

Wrt. the updated stats not being visible in d-l: that is because
seahorse-plugins is not in a SVN repository of its own. I'm not sure what
the status of this issue is, but iirc the stats ought to be updated at least
daily.

    — Wouter