Re: Need a Portuguese reviewer for GCompris

Hello!

Let me chime in!

> Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 19:27:13 -0100
> From: Antonio Lima <amrlima gmail com>
> Subject: Re: Need a Portuguese reviewer for GCompris
> To: Bruno Coudoin <bruno coudoin free fr>
> Cc: gnome i18n <gnome-i18n gnome org>, GCompris developpers list
> <gcompris-devel lists sourceforge net>
>
> Hi Bruno,
>
> I'm a contributor of the GNOME portuguese gnome-i18n team and I must say
> I was tempted to review gcompris but I've seen the translation is really
> in a bad shape.
>
> Sex, 2009-03-06 ?s 18:41 +0100, Bruno Coudoin escreveu:
> > I have been contacted by a Portuguese journalist who is complaining
> > about the bad quality of the Portuguese translation of GCompris.
> >
> > I learned at the same time that in Portugal, the government is going to
> > distribute 300000 PC to children and these include GCompris. By the way,
> > I have never been contacted by the project leaders.
> >
> > I am afraid they want to discredit GCompris or the deployment project
> > itself because of the translation quality.
> >
> > I already mentioned that we are going to make a new release of GCompris,
> > already planned for this Week-End.
> >
> > It would be great if we could review and fix the translation by Sunday
> > 8th. I will then go back to the journalist to shown them how reactive we
> > can be.
>
> I don't think it is really possible, at least for me, to review gcompris in 2 days and really have it in a really good quality. Is there any chance of a longer deadline?
>
> > Please le me know if someone can pick this task in this time frame.
> >
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ant?nio Lima

António and I have been talking and we will split the work so that it can be done faster and we will try to meet the 8th deadline. We will contact you off-list to coordinate and ajust details without bothering everyone else.

I'll also explain myself for never having contacted you before, although I'm the Portuguese coordinator.

Best regards,
Duarte "HappyGuy" Loreto
"Don't worry, be happy!"
http://perolasdagestao.blog.pt/

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.