Re: Need a Portuguese reviewer for GCompris

Hi Bruno,

I'm a contributor of the GNOME portuguese gnome-i18n team and I must say
I was tempted to review gcompris but I've seen the translation is really
in a bad shape.

Sex, 2009-03-06 às 18:41 +0100, Bruno Coudoin escreveu:
> I have been contacted by a Portuguese journalist who is complaining
> about the bad quality of the Portuguese translation of GCompris.
>
> I learned at the same time that in Portugal, the government is going to
> distribute 300000 PC to children and these include GCompris. By the way,
> I have never been contacted by the project leaders.
>
> I am afraid they want to discredit GCompris or the deployment project
> itself because of the translation quality.
>
> I already mentioned that we are going to make a new release of GCompris,
> already planned for this Week-End.
>
> It would be great if we could review and fix the translation by Sunday
> 8th. I will then go back to the journalist to shown them how reactive we
> can be.

I don't think it is really possible, at least for me, to review gcompris in 2 days and really have it in a really good quality. Is there any chance of a longer deadline?

--
Regards,

António Lima
www.blog.amrlima.info