Taking screenshots for manuals

Hi,

Is there any rule for taking screenshot for manual (like theme, wm,
fonts to be used..)?

Also I'm wondering if we can use gtk-parasite or similar tools to
"export" a gtkbuilder file out and store that as reference (svg would
not be so good because theme changes lead to graphical changes).
Localized people then can use that to produce localized screenshots.
Distros may also benefit if they want a consistent look'n'feel across
documents and real theme used by distros.

Duy