Re: GNOME I18n Team update, comments

Am Mittwoch, den 29.07.2009, 12:36 +0300 schrieb Simos Xenitellis:
> GNOME 2.26 supports 48 languages in total, compared to 45 languages in the
> previous release.

A number about the efforts taken would be interesting, like
"x additional strings were added for GNOME 2.26 that required
translation by each team" (compared to 2.24 of course)

> >>  Here is a short blurb for the plans for Q3:
> >>
> >>  “Complete implementation of git commit support through l10n.gnome.org.
> >>  Complete implementation of git repository management program.

I have vague ideas what this means and I assume readers will have the
same problem. Don't expect readers to know what "l10n.gnome.org" is.

> 4. Contact team coordinators for languages that are about to slip from
> 'Supported' status.

This is *really* cool. There are many languages rotting plus
contributors willing to help, but as they don't receive an answer from
the coordinator they give up.

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed