Re: [Localizar] Leaving the coordination of Galician Language

Christian Rose escrebeu:
> On 7/2/09, Suso Baleato <suso baleato xunta es> wrote:
> > Jorge González escrebeu:
> > > On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 12:47, Suso Baleato<suso baleato xunta es> wrote:
> >  > > Christian Rose escrebeu:
> >  > >> On 3/27/09, Suso Baleato <suso baleato xunta es> wrote:
> >  > >> [...]
> >  > >> >  > > Three months after my request I didn't receive SVN access or message denying
> >  > >> >  > > it. So this is what I plan to do in order to contribute with a full galician
> >  > >> >  > > translation of 2.26:
> >  > >> [...]
> >  > >> >  > > - Asking again for SVN access
> >  > >> >
> >  > >> > Doing. So: I'd like to ask again about my request on obtaining SVN access,
> >  > >> >  in order to asumme effectively the coordination of the Galician Localization
> >  > >> >  Team.
> >  > >> >
> >  > >> >  Could we proceed with that?
> >  > >> >
> >  > >> >  In case of nick validity, form filling or any other question must be solved
> >  > >> >  before, please tell me and I'll do.
> >  > >>
> >  > >> Please see http://live.gnome.org/MangoFAQ for possible reasons
> >  > >>
> >  > >>
> >  > >> Christian
> >  > >
> >  > > Thanks Christian,
> >  > >
> >  > > This thread begun more than six months ago when Nacho resigned as coordinator,
> >  > > after some time of excellent contributions. Then I offered myself to assume
> >  > > that role, and after obtaining its own agreement, I succesfully managed to
> >  > > maintain galician translation updated.
> >  > >
> >  > > While waiting for repository access during those last months, Nacho helped us
> >  > > commiting our translations; but when he is not available -like now- we can't
> >  > > proceed because nobody else has writing rights there.
> >  > >
> >  > > I followed all the instructions and I didn't receive no objections with my
> >  > > work. In case I'll might complete any error or unknown pending task you can
> >  > > just inform me and I'll proceed: as far as I know, the account is simply
> >  > > waiting for approval by admins.
> >  > >
> >  > > Thanks,
> >  >
> >  > you can always upload your translations as bug reports and ping the
> >  > list so someone will upload them.
> >
> > Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately it does not help because that's
> >  not the case. I'm not trying to just commit a translation, I'm trying to
> >  obtain repository access, once the old coordinator has resigned, beeing he
> >  the only one person who can commit.
> >
> >  I followed all the steps during those six months, with no objections. Could
> >  anyone please tell me how to proceed or who can solve this situation?

> [...]

Don't worry; there is no problem on waiting: I prefer to spend more time if
that means providing a better contribution to the project.

Given the info you provide, perhaps the optimal option is to reinitialize the
registration/ request process? At least I have practice with that ;-)

Thank you very much for your help!

--
Xesús Manuel Benítez Baleato                                  Coordenador
Centro de Referéncia e Servizos de Software Libre http://www.mancomun.org