Re: Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo (yo, ha, ig) Licensing

Ysgrifennodd Chris Murphy:
I mounted the disk image and poked around a bit. There are no .po files in the root filesystem, but there is a documentation folder: /usr/share/doc/wazobia-release-1/ which contains licensing information, including the GPL and a README/eula file that explain the contents of the "CD" being licensed under the GPL.

Now that IS very interesting. So they explicitly put their work under the GPL, then?

> I've got the images mounted, and I'm happy to pull out other things if
> that's useful.  The *.mo files are all there, but there's no *.po
> files.

Thanks for doing that. The person who sent me the .mo and .po files told me he'd re-created the .po files using msgunfmt (a standard tool that decompiles back to .po for just such cases as these).

Thomas