Re: Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo (yo, ha, ig)

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 19:03 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> Christian Rose píše v Po 12. 01. 2009 v 18:47 +0100:
> > Well, we have an Afrikaans coordinator... :-) Friedel, do you have any
> > input on this? Do you think perhaps www.translate.org.za could help
> > out with this? I know these are not south african languages (they are
> > west african languages), but perhaps you've got some ideas.
>
> As written before: These are all Nigerian languages.
> And I really wonder how asking the Japanese coordinator might improve
> the Nepali translation to list a strange but similar example.
> Ah yeah, it's both in Asia, right.
>
> Obviously not getting the joke in that posting,

The reason would be that I, and others from translate.org.za, meet many
African localisers and I am heading a group funded by the Canadian
government looking at localisation issues in Africa: keyboards, fonts,
locales, localisation tools, etc...

I'm sitting at a meeting where Nepali localisers are talking to Japanese
localisers, in fact a major group from Asia see Panl10n.net.

Or I could say, "Down Andre, down. Bad boy." ;)

I see Simos has been asking already.  I will also put this on the wire
to ask those in Nigeria that I know who might have more direct contact
with the people who where involved in the original work.

--
Dwayne Bailey
Associate                                      +27 12 460 1095 (w)

Recent blog posts:
* xclip - where have you been all of my life!
http://www.translate.org.za/blogs/dwayne/en/content/xclip-where-have-you-been-all-my-life
* Virtaal on Fedora
* Translate Toolkit on Fedora.  Status of Virtaal and Pootle

Stop Digital Apartheid! - http://www.digitalapartheid.com
Firefox web browser in Afrikaans - http://af.www.mozilla.com/af/
African Network for Localisation (ANLoc) -
http://africanlocalisation.net/