Re: What can Git do for translators?

Hi!

> And obviously, posting all this commands listings, their replacements,
> tips, optionals workflows and the likes in a wiki page in live.gnome.org
> is the most needed.

This is just a sidenote not really related: I discussed with some hg and
git people on the Google Summer of Code Summit about the problems with
switching to a DVCS for translators. They told me that they think that
for translators a web based system is much better than any VCS. I think
they are probably right. That does not mean that the translations
shouldn't be in a DVCS but that there should be a web based way to
access/change them.

I know there are some projects out there that allow this and that
damned-lies could probably be expanded to support this. But it would
make the DVCS problem disappear completely for people who don't want to
use it.

Regards,
Johannes