Re: New release of Damned Lies with Vertimus included

2008/12/30 Stéphane Raimbault <stephane raimbault gmail com>:
> Translators,
>
> You like Damned Lies and Vertimus, we too, so we have merged both!
>
> The new Damned Lies offers a new reviewing workflow. If you're a
> translator, you can join one or many teams and reserve a module for
> translation. Once your work is ready, you can upload the PO file on
> http://l10n.gnome.org and then a reviewer of this team will review your
> work for approval. A committer is still required to eventually commit
> the file in the GNOME SVN.
>
> DL is able to send an email to your team mailing list to notify about
> important actions.

Stéphane and Claude, awesome work guys!

This workflow is a great improvement from the simple committers-only
approach. It's great to see improvement in our set of tools and
convergence on the toolkits we use etc.

> We hope 2009 will be a good year for the GNOME Translation Project!

It seems it will be a year with good stuff happening in open source
translations in general. =)

Keep up the good work.

-d

--