Re: Creating a New locale

I'm making progress, albeit slowly.

One snag I have encountered is how to specify the names of months. This language (Tiv) does not have specific names for months, we simply number the months counting from one to twelve, with January being "one" and December being "twelve". We however prepend a string which in english can be roughly translated as "month number".

If i do not include this pre-pended string, your calendar might look funny when displayed in Tiv: for instance

"Friday 23 December 2009"

will look like

"Friday 23 Twelve 2009"

which is rather confusing.

Is there a way I can work around having to write near-full sentences as the names of the months in the locale definition?

Thanks in advance.

picFanen Ahua
Random quote: It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct one.