Re: pofilter customisation (was; gconf translation QA checker for keys)

Op Di, 2009-02-03 om 09:44 +0200 skryf Dwayne Bailey:
> On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 16:27 -0500, Og Maciel wrote:
> > First off, w00t! :)
> >
> > pofilter is a great tool and this new test will definitely help us to
> > keep our QA in shape.
>
> And if you going to FOSDEM make sure you meet the two Translate.org.za
> dev's whole be there.  Friedel and Walter will be happy to show anyone
> how to add checks to pofilter.
>
> Also note that the tests can be adapted for your language.  It takes
> into consideration what tests are not needed for a language, puctuation
> differences, etc.  Friedel is the expert there and adding a language
> module decreases false positives.

Yes, we recently had a contribution to help with the inverted question
and exclamation marks used in Spanish ("¿¡").  The test looking at
punctuation at the start of the string used to have problems with that
in Spanish, but should now be correct with Translate Toolkit 1.3.

I was wondering, do other languages in the Iberian world also use the
inverted punctuation marks? What about Galician, Asturian, and Catalan?
We could easily improve these with some feedback.

Any other customisations that people want to add to pofilter? Just let
me know.

Keep well
Friedel

--