Re: pre-receive hook translation problem

Le mercredi 29 avril 2009 à 11:04 -0400, Adam Schreiber a écrit :
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Simos Xenitellis
> <simos lists googlemail com> wrote:
> > The problem is that msgstr[1] has been left untranslated (plural
> > form), which causes the issue.
> > Apparently, the git hook for translations is activated when branches
> > are created.
> > Since the specific translation is about 2 years old, it appears it
> > managed to make it through the commit checks
> > that were introduced later.
> >
> > I am not sure if there is a policy for this issues; I think the
> > typical thing to do is to mark those messages as fuzzy.
> > That is, change the above fragment to
>
> Thanks.  That got me past bn.po but I received more different errors
> with other po files.  Should I contact each translator individually to
> have them fix problems as I go along?

Some translators are more reactive than others... If you can easily find
problematic strings, just add the fuzzy marker as Simos told you. You
can also ask for help on #i18n channel.

> I suppose there was a time when our QA on po files wasn't as good as
> it is now.

The gettext check hook was deactivated on the SVN server because of an
obsolete gettext version :-(

>  I suspect other projects will be running into this kind of
> difficulty with older translation files as maintainers branch for
> 2.27.1.

Yes, you're not the first one bitten by this issue.

Claude