Re: Query regarding translations

Op Do, 2009-04-23 om 11:15 +0530 skryf Nisha Pandita:
> Hello,
>
> I was just working on the translations of a small application made
> using glade interface and python...I am able to create the .pot files
> and corresponding .po files  and .mo files ...but after executing the
> application with a particular locale i am not getting the translations
> done...
>
> Command i have used to create the .pot file
>
> xgettext -f POTFILES.in HelloWorldGTK.py --output=hello.pot
>
> Command to create the .po files
>
> msginit -l hi
>
> Command for creating the .mo files

If you just want to test that your infrastructure is working, you might
be interested in podebug, that can create a "fake" or pseudo
translation:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/podebug
(this might save some time)

Your coding question might be best answered on the pygtk mailing list.
If you want an example, I assume there are a few in GNOME, but you can
also look into Virtaal, which uses exactly your setup (glade and pygtk):
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/index

Keep well
Friedel

--