Query regarding translations

Hello,

I was just working on the translations of a small application made using glade interface and python...I am able to create the .pot files and corresponding .po files  and .mo files ...but after executing the application with a particular locale i am not getting the translations done...

Command i have used to create the .pot file

xgettext -f POTFILES.in HelloWorldGTK.py --output=hello.pot

Command to create the .po files

msginit -l hi

Command for creating the .mo files

msgfmt --output=hello.mo hi.po

Command for executing the application

LANGUAGE =hi python HelloWorldGTK.py

but still i am not getting the translated strings...

I am attaching my application to it

Please help me out

Thanks and Regards,

Nisha