Odd instructions for Git?

Hi,

I was reading http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/GitHowTo and
noticed that it says "It is customary in Git to go for small commits; if
you have more than one file, commit them separately, with a descriptive
commit message for each commit. For example, if you edit the Makefile.am
file for DOC_LINGUAS or the LINGUAS file, it is good to commit the as"

However for me this sounds like contradicting very basic rule of version
control usage that each commit should contain all logically relevant
changes together. For example when committing initial translation, I
think only sane solution is to commit first version of po file together
with Makefile/LINGUAS change, because those belong logically together.

However now Wiki instructs to work in different way. Are we really
changing this kind of conventions to adhere some strange Git customs?

--
Tommi Vainikainen