Re: conduit branched for 2.24

Hi;

On dim, 2008-09-07 at 09:18 -0300, Leonardo F. Fontenelle wrote:
> CC'ing the epyphany-extensions maintainer, as this module has a similar
> situation.
>
> Em Dom, 2008-09-07 às 11:05 +0100, John Carr escreveu:
> > [...]
> >
> > Which branch is normally shown on gnome-extras? If its normally a
> > stable branch, then gnome-2-24, otherwise trunk...
>
> Usually it's trunk, because most modules in gnome-extras don't have any
> branch. Epiphany Extensions does have a gnome-2-24 branch, but trunk is
> being shown in the gnome-extras page.
>
> When GNOME 2.24.0 is released, many languages will not have translated
> conduit (or epiphany-extensions) yet. Then the teams will have some
> months to complete the UI translation and start translating the
> documentation.
>
> As a translator, I'd prefer to have the gnome-2-24 branch exposed in
> l10n.gnome.org, at least until GNOME 2.24.3 is released. Then I'd rather
> have branch exposed, to start working on GNOME 2.26.

The situation with epiphany-extensions is that while it's not itself in
the Gnome desktop suite, it tracks a module (epiphany) that is in the
desktop, and thus there will always be a branch for an epiphany branch,
plus trunk to track epiphany trunk. So only having one branch of e-e on
d-l is a bit inconvenient.
I guess the same issue now exists for other modules in the Gnome
desktop, e.g. gedit with gedit-plugins and seahorse with
seahorse-plugins ?