Re: Can we add avahi to d-l?

Robert-André Mauchin <zebob m pengzone org>, Mon, 01 Sep 2008 21:41:20
+0200:

> Hello,
>
> Disclaimer: I work for the Fedora Translation team too.
>
> Petr, I can't let you say that the current situation/Fedora sucks.

Just to clarify, in my message I didn't say that "Fedora sucks". And for
what it's worth, I wouldn't agree with that either.

(...)

> So I think you have a problem with that situation because its a
> Fedora-branded server.

Better say a distribution level server.

> If it was on the TP server, it would be the same
> situation : you'll have to register, sign some paper with your key and
> integrate a team. And this is not /downstream/,

Fedora translation infrastructure is definitely downstream.

> translation is sent to
> the upstream VCS, so all distro gets it.

As I said before, that doesn't matter in this case.

> Regards,
>
> Bob.
>
> N.B. : I should precise that there are no very personal data given
> except your name, email and public key. Phone is optionnal.

But the Fedora's Translation Quick Start Guide says otherwise. [1] If phone
number (and postal address) is optional, then the guide should be updated
appropriately. Please tell the Fedora guys then, Bob.

[1]
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/translation-quick-start-guide/en_US/sn_accounts.html