Re: string freeze break

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Ray Strode <halfline gmail com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Brian Cameron spent some time updating the GDM documentation recently,
> and during that update he went through and added a number of TODO
> items for fleshing the docs out.  I since then tried to address the
> majority of those todo items here:
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~halfline/docs.patch
>
> and would like to get the changes integrated into the source tree.  Sound good?

Looking over your changes,

+        The GDM greeter program displays a panel docked at the bottom
of the screen
+        which provides additional functionality.  When a user is selected, the
+        panel allows the user to select which session, language, and
keyboard layout
+        to use when logging in.  The panel also contains an area for
login services
+        to leave status icons.  Some example status icons include a
battery icon
+        for current battery usage, and an icon for enabling
accessibility features.
+        The greeter program also provides buttons which allow the
user to shutdown or

You probably want to mention that the selected keyboard layout is also
used in the login session, which is important when trying to enter
your password.

+ When enabled, it displays all users which
+        are available on the local system (all users defined in the
+        /etc/passwd file)

Here you perpaps want to clarify "excluding local system accounts,
such as 'ftp' ".
Or maybe that is obvious ?

+        GDM allows multiple users to be logged in at the same time.  After one
+        user is logged in, additional, users can log in via the User Switcher
+        on the GNOME Panel, or from the "Switch User" button in Lock
Screen dialog
+        of GNOME Screensaver.  The active session can be changed back
and forth using
+        the same mechanism.

Might want to add here that the 'User Switcher' is an applet that is
installed by gdm, and which can be added to the panel if it has not
been put there already by the default panel configuration.

Matthias