Re: Some useful scripts

Em Ter, 2008-09-02 às 02:06 -0300, Leonardo F. Fontenelle escreveu:

> I just created the TranslationProject/Scripts page and added "review", a
> reworked version of "zzpo". Usage is very simple: checkout the po/ or
> help/ dir, make local changes (translate, or download a translation you
> want to review), then run the script without arguments. It's a very good
> companion to the "tsfx" script I attached to a previous email. With them
> you don't need to checkout the entire module and run 'intltool-update':
> you can use damned-lies' message catalogs.

Today I uploaded new versions of the "review" and "zzgrep" scripts:

http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/Scripts

The first one was reworked to be useful for regular translators as well.
If the file name is descriptive (e.g., evince.HEAD.pt_BR.po), then
script won't depend on subversion to help you review the translation.
Subversion users should run the script without specifying the file name,
as before. The script is quite mature, and has even a workaround for
differences between GNU/Linux distributions! The pt_BR l10n team is
using it in the last weeks, and I'd like other teams to try it too.

"zzgrep" is more specific, but may be of someone else's interest. It's
used to verify terminology compliance across many translations of a
single locale. Please refer to the scripts page for more information. In
case you remember the previous version, the new feature is that you can
specify a regular expression for the translated message as well, so that
only messages *without* the regular expression in the translated message
will be marked as fuzzy.

I apologize for "tsfx". The script is very nice, but I couldn't sit down
and write the --help yet. People who tried it said it's much more robust
than svn-checkout_l10n... Please read this email, and try the script as
described or with the --usage option. If you have an SVN account, please
run ssh-add before running the script.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2008-August/msg00221.html

PS: I didn't forget what I said about not reading the mailing list for a
few weeks.

--
Leonardo Fontenelle
http://leonardof.org