Re: String additions to 'epiphany.gnome-2-24'

On 10/12/08, Leonardo F. Fontenelle <leonardof gnome org> wrote:
> Em Seg, 2008-10-13 às 00:57 +0000, GNOME Status Pages escreveu:
>  > This is an automatic notification from status generation scripts on:
>  >     http://l10n.gnome.org/.
>  >
>  > There have been following string additions to module 'epiphany.gnome-2-24':
>  >
>  >     + "Cannot Load Document While Working Offline"
>  >     + "Cannot load document while working offline."
>  >
>  > Note that this doesn't directly indicate a string freeze break, but it
>  > might be worth investigating.
>
>  Diego, your commit broke a string freeze:
>
>  http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/epiphany?view=revision&revision=8580
>
>  It is evident from the URL that you were carreful enough to fix message
>  catalogs as well, so that virtually no translation team will get hurt.
>  But it's still an unapproved string freeze break... We (translators)
>  were just discussing communication issues between develpers and
>  translators in this release cycle.

Oh sorry about that, since it was almost a typo fix I didn't notify
you. I mean, since the meaning has not changed, I assumed noone would
mind.

I tested with the Spanish translation and the replace in the .po files
worked as expected.

I'm aware of string freeze policy and while this is technically a new
string, in practice it's just a word replaced, that plus the .po files
being "patched" too made me consider it as a "safe" change. If I
understand correctly, no translation was broken right? That was my
rationale, I also see your point.

I will consider it as a string freeze break next time.

Thanks for the clarification

Diego