Re: GNOME 2.24: Worst release cycle I have been a part of [l10n/i18n]

El dom, 12-10-2008 a las 21:07 +0200, Andre Klapper escribió:
> Am Sonntag, den 12.10.2008, 20:17 +0200 schrieb Jorge González González:
> > I don't think that our work, as translators, is to review translatable
> > or not strings. This should be done by developers, not translators, we
> > already have thousands of modules to translate and people to
> > coordinate.
>
> OK, let's close Bugzilla completely if developers should find all bugs
> themselves. I just wonder if there will be time left to write code.
>
> I've written this a lot of times:
> I especially expect trunk users, and those very few translation teams
> with much manpower (translating trunk way before string freeze starts)
> to report such issues *before* string freeze takes place. Then there
> will be less string freeze breaks too.
I'm not saying to close Bugzilla completely, I'm saying we, translators,
don't have time to build every single module and report bugs; we all
have works, studies and a life, can you imagine how many time would I
need to build and check every single string of the hundreds of modules I
translate? I guess you do. But yes, perhaps those users using the trunk
version are greatest manpower and bug reporters, but again, it would be
so much for us.

--
Jorge González González <aloriel gmail com>
Weblog: http://aloriel.no-ip.org