Re: String freeze break

On 11/27/08, Diego Escalante Urrelo <diegoe gnome org> wrote:
> On 11/27/08, Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net> wrote:
>  > Hi Diego,
>  >
>  >  In your various recent commits in gnome-netstatus, you broke the string
>  >  freeze.
>  >  I suggest you branch to gnome-2-24 from revision 736.
>
> Dang. Ok I wasn't really sure how that worked. I'll create a branch
>  for gnome-2-24 then and break stuff in trunk. Good that this is
>  netstatus and not something bigger.
>  Thanks for the patience! I'll ping you in a while to confirm I didn't
>  break anything.

FWIW, there's some good reading on
http://live.gnome.org/MaintainersCorner under "Branches" and on
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/HandlingStringFreezes.

>  >  And no, we won't chase you and your family :-)
>
> You already have them? :'(

Hey! http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/HandlingStringFreezes
only mentions throwing rotten fish, no kidnapping. Translators would
never resort to such barbaric stuff. ;-)