Re: Cultural Issue with the Foot Logo

Hi,

I may not be a Thai but my understanding is the foot is offensive not just to Thais but rest of the Tai-Kedai people also. The Thais are just but one group within the Tai-Kedai ethnicity although without doubt they are numerically speaking the largest. Other Tai-Kedai people include the Zhuang, Li, Laotians (for a complete listing, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tai_peoples). The whole sum i.e. potential target market comes up to be about ~105-110 million of them depending on which estimates you want to believe.

This may sound ludcicrous but I do know of some Thai friends who are from Bangkok as well as Isaan (i.e. north-eastern Thais who are ethnic Lao) and all said they would prefer not to use any operating system or DEs with a foot as its logo.

Rgds,
Shaun - Singaporean Chinese