Re: How to find where the string is from?
- From: "Leonardo F. Fontenelle" <leonardof gnome org>
- To: Yannig MARCHEGAY <yannig marchegay org>
- Cc: gnome-i18n <gnome-i18n gnome org>
- Subject: Re: How to find where the string is from?
- Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 21:20:25 -0200
Em Dom, 2008-11-09 às 23:57 +0100, Yannig MARCHEGAY escreveu:
> Hello everybody,
> I'm translating GNOME into Occitan and I'm quite alone to do it. Now,
> I'm using it "normally" and I translate in priority the English
> strings that remain in what I see. Recently, I saw a mistranslation in
> the languages (French, Spanish, etc., not PHP, ASP, etc.) shown when
> defining the doc language in gedit. That mistranslation is
> "Franchimand" but no way to find it in the langpack.
> My question is then "how can I know where a string is from in order to
> translate it or correct it?"
If you know the translation error is in a package which you have
installed in your system, you can run:
fgrep "Franchimand" /usr/share/oc/LC_MESSAGES/*.mo
(BTW, thanks for the tip, Thomas.)
] [Thread Prev