Re: GNOME 2.25/2.26 on Damned Lies

Hi!

Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net>, Fri, 07 Nov 2008 23:04:43 +0100:

(...)

> Yes, you deserve some explanations. With Stéphane Raimbault, we have
> been very busy recently to port current Damned Lies application to the
> Django framework. And I'd want to use the new app for tracking GNOME
> 2.26. No new feature for the time being.

Thanks guys for your work!

> You can temporarily test it under the following URL:
> http://djamnedlies.gnome.org
>
> You'll find there the stats for GNOME 2.26.
>
> I'd like to have some more days with both applications in parallel so as
> we can track regressions. Please tell me (or enter a bug) if you find
> some pecularity in the new app.

Just some nitpicking regarding the content of the DL README file:

"If you don't won't to setup Django with mod_python, there is a
tutorial on the Django Wiki:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/deployment/fastcgi/

You'll also file a sample init script in the /docs directory."

> This move is a step forward to draw near the Transifex [1] application
> which is also moving to Django.

Nice. So in future, it'll be possible to commit translation files without
the need of special access abilities, right?

Best,
Petr Kovar