translation maintanence pratices

Hi all,

I would like to ask other teams on how they maintain their translations.

 - How do you do translation review? diff-ing two po files gives me a
mess. Surely tools like podiff help, but I'd rather not depend on such
tools. For example when I do post-review via gnome svn web. I'm
thinking a tool that separate changes into two commits: one for
automatic changes and one for human changes (or even never commit
automatic changes at all)

 - How do you deal with text wrapping? msgcat -w seems to wrap msgid
as well, which I don't want to.

 - The last one is update translations on both HEAD and a branch, say
gnome-2-22? Stop working on HEAD when an application branches is my
favourite option. Just wondering though because sometimes I like to
translate a little bit each day rather than translate all when it goes
string freeze.

Thanks
--
Duy