Re: Import from Launchpad

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net> wrote:

>  Just want to clarify one thing. It's not a matter of being a big team or
>  not. We have simply obtained from our language Launchpad coordinator
>  that they *don't touch* GNOME packages (neither KDE), except from urgent
>  corrections, and only translate what is specific to Ubuntu or in special
>  cases where there is no upstream.
>  Of course, if the coordinator don't want to cooperate, you're stuck :-(

I've tried to convince people like that for a long time, with
little success. Recently, a campaign to translate Hardy
has been launched in Thai ubuntu club. And when I raised
this issue again, some have peeked launchpad and pointed
my name as "reviewer" there. So, to them, while I promote
launchpad avoidance, I still "review" messages there.

But the fact is, I have never translated through launchpad,
leave alone the review!

This leads to another bug against launchpad about this issue:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/197862

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan