Updating svn head, trunk and branch.

I do not quite understand the advice given in
Other hints in the LocalisationGuide. It says:
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/LocalisationGuide#head-a3983f3a5960c2e1d2ef4dae83e9c8a200067216
> Don't leave it ages to get stuff on the branch. We fell for this.
> However long it takes to check out the branch and update your
> translation, and however painful it is, if you intend to do both HEAD
> and branch, apply the changes to both. If you don't, you will meet a
> day when you spend hours and hours and hours doing nothing but feeding
> stuff back onto the branch.

I presume that a translator can only concentrate on one .po file, at
a time. If that is correct, then the translator must choose between
branches and trunk/head.
Is it a better choice to always stick tho the trunk, and then update
the branches later.
Or is it better to update one branch or several branches, and then
updating the trunk/head?

--
Kær kveðja, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,   %&   A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Unix Kerfisstjórn, Reiknistofnun HÍ   %&   Q: Why is top posting bad?