Re: Slowness in farsi translation

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 10:17 +0430, Mohammad Foroughi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  It seems that the process of translating gnome into persian is slow. I
> asked Behnam Esfahbod and he told me that there is only 2 active members
> in the team: Mr. pournader commits translations and his wife reviews
> them.
>
>  http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=l10n&component=Persian
> [fa]&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED
>
>  In the above link you can see the amount of work done but did not
> reviewd or commited.
>
>  Why mr. pournader do not allow others to review or commit? It will
> speedup translation process.
>
>  He can use experienced translators from HIS team, like Behdad Esfahbod,
> Behnam Esfahbod and others.

I don't have time for this right now.

>  And if they are busy too, he can use people like Mirdamadi and others
> from ubuntu persian team (coordinated by behnam esfahbod), it seems that
> they have free time and can work, also they are EXPERIENCED TRANSLATORS.

If they have free time and are EXPERIENCED TRANSLATORS, why don't they
fully complete Ubuntu's Persian translation?  Then you get what you
wanted, right?

Moreover, instead of SHOUTING, show us why you think they are
EXPERIENCED TRANSLATORS.  I've been around the Free Software Persian
computing scene for the past eight years and never heard of the person
you mention..

>  So, Roozbeh, please let others help you...

The way to help, as has been repeatedly pointed out to you, is to submit
your translations and be patient.  This is how our code is written, and
this should be how our translation is done.

Freedom does not mean anarchy.  Get over it.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759