Re: damned lies, anjuta documentation and encoding bug

O/H Tomas Kuliavas έγραψε:
Hi!

C/anjuta-manual.xml strings have 8bit symbols
OK, can someone give me a simple command to convert from the original
encoding to utf-8? Or can I just use gedit to convert it?

C/anjuta-manual.xml is already in utf-8.

Problem is not in anjuta-manual.xml, but in xml2po script which assumes
that file is in ascii. "UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode
byte 0xe2 in position 95". That's what strict charset conversion tools do,
when you try to convert something and input does not match specified input
charset.
I try to replicate on my system but I do not get an error:

xml2po -o /tmp/test.po C/anjuta-manual.xml

I set my current locale to C, Posix, etc. and also make sure the encoding for Python in ascii. I notice that the xml2po on the l10n.gnome.org server is different from my xml2po (the line numbers do not match when looking into the error shown in the stats pages).
Has anyone managed to reproduce on their systems?

Also, another thing is that the header of the document does not specify encoding,

<?xml version="1.0"?>

Simos