Re: String addition to EOG

Hi!

Am Dienstag, den 22.07.2008, 10:54 +0200 schrieb Åsmund Skjæveland:

I have seen "35mm equivalent" used. I think that's easier to understand
than just "35mm". Then you would perhaps not need the "(lens)" in the
first string, but something "(actual focal length)" works better with
"35mm equivalent", although it's hard to explain how focal length works
and converts between different sensor sizes in two sentence stubs :)

Well, yes "35mm equivalent" would probably be the more correct term.
The problem with this and "actual focal length" is that they are pretty long. As we already have a width issue in EOG's property dialog I tried to keep it as short as possible and the proposal for this variant looked pretty good to me. Generally I would say the people interested in this value know what is behind these values. But we'll see what userland is going to say about this. :-)

Felix