Re: Translator credits (to maintainers)

On ו', 2008-07-18 at 21:23 +0200, Petr Kovar wrote:
> Jonh Wendell <jwendell gnome org>, Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:00:41 -0300:
>
> > Hi, folks.
> >
> > This is just a warning about translator names in NEWS file:
> >
> > You should get the translator name from the "Last Translator" field in
> > the .po file, not from po/Changelog. Sometimes the translator is not the
> > same person as who commits the file.
>
> Well, then this fact should be noted by the commiter in the changelog entry
> (and in the commit log message). The name in the "Last Translator" field may
> often lists the person who actually done the proof-reading only, not the
> translation work itself. (At least this is the case in the Czech
> translation team.)

This is just equivalent of saying that the proof-reader should make sure
he does not change the "Last Translator" field.

We are all volunteers here, working as a best effort service. There is
no guarantee that either of the ChangLog and "Last Translators" entries
are accurate.

Maybe looking at both fields can reduce the probability of missing
someone credits.

Yair