Re: Gtranslator Translation Memories UI

Pablo Sanxiao <psanxiao gmail com>, Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:24:21 +0200:

> Thanks Guys for all your comments. I'll take them into account in order
> to improve this new feature.
>
> To create the translation memory the first option that we thought was
> getting the strings from PO files in one directory. We think is very
> useful and that is the way of doing it in another programs like kbabel
> or PoEdit.
>
> For the Gtranslator 2.0 we think this could be enough but for the next
> releases maybe we could implement new ways of adding strings to the
> translation memory. What do you think? What would be useful for you?

What about making use of poterminology, a script written in Python that is
to be included in the future release of Translate Toolkit, as I assume.
It seems from my tests that this one has some nice catalog strings
extraction features.

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/poterminology

Speaking of Translate Toolkit, including support (a sort of) for other
Toolkit tools such as pofilter would be also interesting for translators
using this helpful piece of software. But then again, I've actually no
clear idea how to implement this, maybe an option when loading
or saving a catalog, or something else. But it would be nice.

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/index

> I attach you a screenshot about how to configure the translation memory.

In the Translation Memory tab, the message "Select directory contains PO
files:" has a bad grammar in my opinion. It lacks the "that" or the second
verb should be an -ing form.

Just my 2 cents. :-)

Best,
Petr Kovar