Re: Importing Pashto translation files from Launchpad

2008/7/4 Zabeeh khan <pakhtosoft gmail com>:
> Hello,
>
> Brother Khalid, if you have translated anything there in Launchpad, please
> import it to the GNOME repository. As we know Pashto translation is going
> too slow, so it might help increase the percentages. I have translated some
> other files too, soon will I try to commit them.
>

> A few days back some of my translations were commited by Simos, but there is
> no increase in percentages and I cannot see the names of the packages there
> too?

Hi Zabeeh,
I uploaded your two translations, netspeed and gnome-system-monitor.

netspeed can be found at GNOME Extras
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/ps/gnome-extras

gnome-system-monitor can be found at GNOME 2.24 Development,
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/ps/gnome-2-24

If I were to suggest the next translations, I would put
1. gnome-menus (from GNOME 2.24 Development)
This are the menus, which are the first to see.

2. gtk+ UI translations (from GNOME 2.24 Development)
It is a big file, and some of the messages can be found in many programs.
You can select which messages to translate.
For example,

#: ../gtk/gtkstock.c:368
msgid "_Network"
msgstr ""

#: ../gtk/gtkstock.c:369
msgid "_New"
msgstr ""

#: ../gtk/gtkstock.c:370
msgid "_No"
msgstr ""

#: ../gtk/gtkstock.c:371
msgid "_OK"
msgstr ""

#: ../gtk/gtkstock.c:372
msgid "_Open"
msgstr ""

Most of the programs reuse those messages, so you translate once here
and automatically all other programs will use.

Simos