Re: Cheesy

On Fr, 2008-01-25 at 11:06 +0530, Gora Mohanty wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 09:09 +0700, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:
> [...]
> > Translating the cheese package, my friend raised a question:
> > what does "cheesy" in "A cheesy program to take photos ..." mean?
> > It looks like cheese, or it's of poor quality, or it tends to cause
> > smiles like when saying "cheese"?
> [...]
>
> "Cheesy" generally means of poor quality. Here, it is most
> likely being used tongue-in-cheek, and is also a pun on the
> name of the package. This is difficult to translate, but
> I think that the closest equivalent would be "fun program...",
> or "not-so-important program...".

you got it ;) well i think we changed the "pretty-short" summary to
"Cheese is a Photobooth-inspired GNOME application for taking pictures
and videos from a webcam. It also includes fancy graphical effects based
on the gstreamer-backend."

but i think we are still missing the "totally short" summary, which is
"a cheesy program to take photos and videos from your webcam"

we would love to hear some new descriptions! feel free to add a bug:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=cheese

daniel